Saturday, October 1, 2011

18 Weeks Pregnant & Bedrest!!!!


18 Weeks Pregnant & Bedrest!!!!

We went to our appt and had an ultrasound on Thursday and got some surprising news! The baby looked really cute and healthy, but also found out I have COMPLETE PLACENTA PREVIA!!! Really?!! I am now on bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy to avoid complications, although it sounds like it is not uncommon to spend some time in the hospital further down the road : ( So I am planning on sitting on my butt for 5 months now in hopes that our sweet little girl stays healthy. I hope my uterus and placenta cooperate : ) Sooo.....we have now cancelleled our trip to Europe we were supposed
to leave on Saturday, and our family Christmas at a beautiful cabin in Big Bear : ( I feel terrible about it, but know it's the right thing to do and I'm so thankful to have the support of friends and family. This will be a challenge, but we're ready for it. Chris already has a plan to make things go as smoothly as possible.

So here is a pic of the pregnant belly at 18 weeks...I feel it growing by the day!


Girl or boy: Girl!

Complaints: Nothing...just a little scared!

Weight Gain: 6 pounds

Symptoms: Tired, stretching pains

Cravings: Everything bagel with cream cheese, tomato, avocado, and lemon pepper

What I miss most: I wouldn't give this up for anything , but I do miss sushi : )

Sleep: Ok....peeing 4 times a night and can't go back to sleep after sometimes

Movement: Maybe feeling her a bit more although still subtle movements.

What I'm looking forward to: I can't wait till I am holding her in my arms and that she's healthy. It will be neat to finally feel her kicks a little more (and from the outside) in the next couple weeks. I can't wait for the holidays, especially Christmas .....maybe Chris can wheel me around the mall : )

No comments:

Post a Comment